Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Landen's Dedication~

On Mother's day we dedicated Landen to the Lord. All my babies have had their dedications on Mother's day and it is just so special to me. Really it doesn't change anything. It is just us saying publicly that we will do our best to teach Landen about God and Jesus and ask the church to help us in that endeavor. I guess what we are saying is, "Hey, we have another baby and we don't quite know what we are doing here, so if you see us stumbling a bit jump in there and help us, okay??" Seriously though, it's nice to know we are not alone because it can be overwhelming sometimes.
Our pastor really wanted to hold Landen and I tried to pass him over but he was just not having it. He was pretty upset that I tried to give him to a stranger, but was fine a few seconds later. Our church is like 3000 people so we don't know our pastor personally yet, but he was born in Indiana, so he and Landen are both Hoosiers!
We purposely didn't name him Alex(wasn't really in the running anyway) so that he would never have the chance to marry a girl Alex. What do you know the little girl dedicated right after us was Landyn, a girl.=) Oh, well!
We pray you grow to know and love the Lord all the days of your life.
"God has created everything for his own purposes." -Proverbs 16:4a.
This is your life verse. The verse that God gave me when I was first pregnant with you and I believe it with my whole heart. God brought you in to our family exactly when he wanted to and He has an amazing plan for your life. I can't wait to see all the wonderful things he will do through you. You have already brought us more joy, love, and happiness than we ever could have imagined. We love you baby do!

No comments: