Friday, June 17, 2011

My Birthday~

It looks like Landen is being cute, but he just couldn't take his eyes off the ocean. He yelled, "ocean, sand!!!" all through dinner. He is a beach bum! When he sees pictures of us at the beach he will say "sand?" and run to the door like he wants to go to the beach right now because why wouldn't we??
We had a yummy dinner by the beach in Malibu and Jeff and the kids got me a new ipod shuffle. "Someone" misplaced my old one like 2 years ago and I just kept thinking it would turn up during the move. So of course now that I got a new one it will probably show up. Either way I am sooo blessed and excited to go walking now with my new ipod.
Love my three!
Everyone keeps asking me if I ever could have imagined a year ago celebrating my next birthday living in California and being able to take a short drive to the beach for dinner. I surely never thought that, but honestly what surprises me more is being 36 and having these three blessings in my life everyday. Along with that I am so thankful for Jeff's hard work in seeking out a better job for himself and our family and for God's provision. It seemed like a crazy decision at the time, but we never could have chosen a better area to live in or a better house for our family. I know it was all God's plan for us. He knew all of our specific needs and took such good care of us during this very tumultuous last year. Sometimes I feel so undeserving of the blessings He's given me, but then I think of my own children and how I want to be able to give them everything they need and want. I know God's love is the same and much more. He knows my heart and wants more for me than I think I deserve. We are slowly starting to feel like California is home again. It wasn't an easy road, but the end result was worth the journey!