Monday, December 12, 2011

The wise woman builds her house...

...but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. ~Proverbs 14:1

This verse always kind of scares me. I can see how with a bad attitude I could really do a lot of damage to my home and family. I pray that my demeanor and actions will always help build my family up and not tear them down. Like not letting pictures be more important than actual living and experiencing life. That being said after consulting with 3 Mac geniuses over the phone, the 3rd uber genius was able to find all of my lost pictures!!! I am so thankful and relieved. I definitely learned my lesson about backing up iPhoto, but mostly about the important things in life. Something I already knew, but really need to practice. I have three little(ish) ones who are watching my every move and are learning how to either build their own homes some day or tear them down. Landen has started mimicking my every move when he and I eat lunch together. When it's just me and him sitting at the table he will take a bite when I do, take a drink when I do, put his hand on his cheek if I do, and even clear his throat like I do. It is absolutely adorable and a great reminder of the influence I have over my children.


Our church had an event called Star of Wonder. They brought in 95 tons of snow! It was awesome. There was a petting zoo, drive through Bethlehem, food, hot cocoa, and sledding. If you drove through Bethlehem between 6 and 7pm this was the beautiful angel you would have seen! She had the most lines. "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people!" She had to repeat that whole passage probably 20 times. She definitely earned her hot chocolate.
And our handsome Joseph who didn't have to say anything. But he did a great job!
While the big kids were "working" Landen got to have his first snow experience. Which is so weird being my only baby born in th midwest. We sat him in the snow when he was 6 months old and he touched it, but it was always way too cold to let him play. He really enjoyed sledding with daddy!
It was about 47 degrees this night which is about all we can handle now.=)
Zach got to sled down this big hill!
Such a fun night and a great way to experience snow if you don't have the best sledding hill ever in your own side yard.
We also finally got our Christmas tree. The kids were reminiscing about having to pick our trees in the frigid temperatures in Indiana. We loved being able to wander around and take our time picking our tree this year.

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

Oh Christine! I just gasped when I read about your pic experience. I know how much they mean to you and was glad to read that you did get them back. (note to self: back up pics)
Their choice for angel is PERFECT (of course!!)choice!! Mikayla is her grandma Frieda's beautiful angel. :) And Zach is a perfect Joseph.
Great idea to bring in snow and make a great hill to slide on. What fun!! If we have more snow in Dec. next year do you think we can bribe you to come out our way for Christmas? It was just waaaay toooo quiiiiiet around here this year. Need grandkids for a fun time, creativity decorating, baking cookies