Friday, October 2, 2009

3 Months~

Landen~ When you were 3 months old you learned to stick out your tongue. Your new best friend was the light fixture above the kitchen table(that's what you are smiling at in this pic). You were outgrowing your 3 month size clothes and you moved up to size 3 diapers. You were waking only once to nurse during the night and were still a night owl. Daddy and I don't mind though because then we get to spend time with you after the big kids go to bed and you get kind of silly, delirious and you start hooting. Which is why we now call you hootsie the night owl. It's kind of funny because many a night when I would be nursing you for what felt like forever I would hear owls hooting outside in the early morning hours. You started grabbing things and loved to sit up and stand up(being held) like a big boy.

We finally let the kids hold you standing up. They were thrilled!
Zach is so funny, he always says when Landen is ready to eat, "Mommy, are you ready for your milking?!" And he is serious. He likes to keep track of when Landen eats so he can tell me when he thinks it's time to nurse again. He prays every night, "Thank you God for letting Landen be in our family and just let him grow up to be a good young boy and help him to love you and tell others about you. Amen." He still prays for my c-section scar to heal and for me not to get too much milk so that I hurt. I always say he is a little prayer warrior.

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

Oh my goodness!! Makes grandma get tearry-eyed. I'm so proud of my grandkids and agree with your prayer Zach... Grandpa Don and I are so grateful that God brought you, Mikayla and Landen into OUR family. We are sooooo blessed!!!