Friday, May 9, 2008

Mikayla's Self-Portrait

So, horrible mom that I am had to sneak into her diary to take this picture. Although, she does have like 5 diaries and they are really mostly her drawings. I think she is a very gifted artist and I tell her that God gave her that ability. I knew if I didn't take the pic soon she would rip it up and throw it away as she often does with her art. Last night she made a beautiful dress for her american girl doll out of toilet paper, but ripped it up before I could take a pic. It was really outstanding, better than anything I'd seen at a bridal shower. It was a strapless A-line dress and then she took flower paper and wrapped a strip of it around underneath the chest. Her eye for fashion is amazing. Describing it doesn't do it justice. Maybe I can get her to make another one...

2 comments:

Kelly H said...

Fast forward 20 years and Mikayla lives in a loft in SOHO, Manhattan. She is a world reknown artist and is known for making beautiful paintings and drawings and ripping them apart before they are able to be put up in a gallery. She is famous for this. She has her mother to thank. ;)

Really though this is a beautiful pic - the hair even has texture! Gorgeous, and oh, so talented! I have a picture she drew of me at my desk, I look like a pirate, I love it.

Christine said...

LOL! You are so funny and soooo right! She definitely has me to thank for being the tortured artist that she is.