Thursday, May 22, 2008

5.4

We had some excitement around here about a month ago now. I'm sure you heard we had an earthquake, which seems very odd for IN, but apparently we are very near a fault and this earthquake was pretty close and we really felt it. I woke up and alerted Jeff who I am sure would have slept right through it. Mikayla woke up and came and asked us what that shaking was. We didn't tell her it was an earthquake until later because it just seemed impossible to have one here. Zach didn't get up but said he felt his bed shaking and thought it was me going to the bathroom!???! Anyway, here is a video of our little star for the day. She was quite proud of herself, you can hear her in the background as I taped this off of the tv. She actually volunteered to be interviewed!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Yay Mikayla! I'm glad you taped it cause we totally missed the segment. :)

Sally said...

Aww, how cute! She should have said, "that was nothing...I used to live in California." =)

Sara said...

Go Mikayla! Crazy how they surprise us sometimes!

Christine said...

I am sure there were ones when we lived in Bako, but it's wierd her first earthquake memory will be from IN!