Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Creative Girl~

First let me just say I realize that all the names of the rides I talked about from our day at California Adventure were not the real names. =) We just didn't think the real names were very easy to say a million times throughout the day.  Also, Landen just named the rides what made sense to him and some of them stuck.  So if anyone was wondering, that's why you never heard of those names.  Mater's Tractor Tippers is actually Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, etc.  Anywho...

...So I don't think this is going to the year of the blog for me.  We were all sick AGAIN!  The 6th illness to sweep through our house I think.  It's hard to say when one starts and ends and a new one comes in.  Is it a cold or allergies?  Who got it first?  Virus or bacterial?  Gah!  I'm over it!  And Jeff went out of town again(New York this time).  There seems to be a pattern here and I am ready for summer to be here and to hopefully get out of this rut.  I don't say this to complain(maybe a little) just to explain my lack of blogging.  I am way behind so I am just going to jump in here with some of Mikayla's beautiful artwork she has in her room.  I just love it!  Makes my day and always makes my heart smile.
Chalk drawing

She's saving up for an iPod. (it says save $260 before my b-day)

Amen, sista!

Love the face!

Me too!


She's very good at chalk drawings!

One of her many paintings.  She did this one over spring break.
This last week was particularly weird.  Seemed like everyone was finally well again.  Then Landen started having a fever and then a strange, horrible rash.  Zachary has always been the king of getting every strange childhood virus, so I thought I would have figured it out sooner.  Even the Dr. was puzzled.  Once the rash got worse with sun exposure I realized he had a virus called Fifths Disease.  Starts with red cheeks which is why it's also called Slapped Cheeks syndrome.  We thought he just got too much sun.  Then he had what we thought was another cold. But after the fever the rash was just so horrible.  Poor baby was miserable!  But he is better now. Just has a little cough. Zach had this virus when he was 6 and passed it on to the rest of us then so thankfully it ended with Landen. 
 And as most people have heard there were fires in our area this week.  There is a big highway in between us so there was no threat of it spreading to our house, but we did smell smoke for days and had ash falling on us for a couple of those days.  There were also two small airplanes that crashed in mid-air and one crash landed in Calabasas and burned.  The other landed on the golf course across the highway from Mikayla's school.  Yikes!  Then on Sunday night Jeff found a black widow spider in our upstairs laundry room.  Eeeck!!!  So thankful for God's protection in it all.  Depsite all the sickness and fires and stress we are fine.  We are healthy and happy and blessed.

No comments: