Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day~

For Mother's day all I wanted was to go to the beach.  We haven't really been since September.  We tried to go about a month ago and it was cool and overcast and gloomy.  We went to Carpenteria and it turned out to be a beautiful day.  Sunny, slight breeze, and about 80 degrees.
Landen doing his best to not look at me and smile.  

He is just in heaven when he gets to play in the sand.

He even ate some sand this time.=)

Mikayla loving life!


Finally getting to use their new boogie boards.

I think I see a mermaid!

So fun!

She did it!

This is what happened most of the time.

He really didn't want to get salt water in his eyes!

The water was a beautiful shade of turquoise all day.  That was the color of the day.  Jeff and the kids got me a turquoise wallet, frame, and baking dish.

Landen kept singing over and over, "I'm making waaaaaater mud. I'm making waaaaaaater mud."


You can see how much he loves playing with his "sissy princess."

Zach and daddy trying to swim out to the kelp.  It was a little too far.


For some strange reason Landen kept saying  shouting, "My brother's going to have a baby!"  Then he pretended to pull the baby out of Zach's tummy.  We've been looking at Landen's baby book lately and talking about how he was born and for some reason this reminded him of it.  We were all cracking up and slightly embarrassed.

Jeff arranged for some dolphins and whales to swim by again this year.  So spoiled!

Channel Islands in the back ground.

There were actually three whales!

View behind us from the beach.

This sweetie made me a momma!

Looking very beachy, but I love my three and am so blessed to guide them through life.  Poor  Zach and his blue lips, he's still cold from swimming in the ocean.
Some pictures of the charred mountains from the fires last week. Hard to see but the ones on the left didn't burn and the ones on the right did.



It was a wonderful day!

No comments: