Thursday, April 5, 2012

Running in Circles~

Yesterday I went to Mikayla's school/our church 5 times. They are both on one big campus. They are two separate entities but are connected and share some parking.
Jeff has been out of town and so we had to take Mikayla to school which Jeff usually does. Then I had to go back for the uniform sale since she is now 5'6". Then we went back to pick her up from school. Then we dropped her off for Middle School Wednesday night youth group, then back to pick her up. When we picked her up I told her she had to come out and meet us at the curb so I wouldn't have to take Landen out of his car seat for the 20th time(Literally! I counted.) Add to this 2 trips to drop off and pick up Zach from school, a trip to Trader Joe's since the cubbards were bare, and 4 trips to the baseball field. I counted 11 stop lights in between our house and her school this morning after we took her to school again. That, plus 1 four way stop, and the gate to our neighborhood make a few miles take 10 minutes. It is a beautiful drive, gorgeous really, and I love it and it is really close all things considered. But, I was literally driving in circles all day yesterday! Landen never complained about it one bit! He is just happy to be along for the ride. Of, course I know a few tricks to keep him happy and he really doesn't know anything different, he's been doing this since he was 9 weeks old. I am so thankful he is such a trooper. So that's some of what we've been up to and I want to remember some of the real days and not just the highlights. I just realized I could have gone a 6th time if I had volunteered to help with Greek days at Mikayla's school, but I know my limits! She went to school dressed like a Greek goddess and I didn't even get a picture. Eevrytime we get to a stop light Landen will tell us that green means go, yellow means slow down, and red means stop. And as we drive he points our every truck, bus, and construction vehicle we pass.





Landen running in circles around our back yard pretending he is Lighning Mcqueen. Kechow! He makes me say, "Start your engines!" before he will go, then he makes revving sounds.

1 comment:

Kelly H said...

I love the second pic of Landen running - his hair is great! Hang in there Chrissy, you are an amazing Mummy. You are shaping 3 beautiful human being lives, and doing an outstanding job. I love you. xxxooo