Wednesday, April 11, 2012

14 Years~

I know I should be blogging about Easter, but it's already been 2 weeks since our 14 year anniversary(March 28) so I wanted to post about it before anymore time went by.
While the big kids were in school Jeff and I (and Landen) snuck away to Santa Barbara for the day. We always forget how close it is, only about an hour. It's a quick beautiful drive, but this day turned out to be pretty gray and cool. We still had a wonderful time though!
We had lunch at a restaurant on the pier which I guess they call the wharf. Jeff had yummy chowder and crab cakes and I had crab salad.
Landen was the perfect little side kick for the day. He loved seeing the live crabs in the window of the restaurant and the highlight for him was that they were doing construction on the pier and there were huge cranes.
We even saw some crazy guy waterskiing on a surfboard.
14 roses for 14 years!
We used to be able to remember every gift we had ever given to each other for anniversaries and birthdays, but we never wrote them down so now our old brains have forgotten. So just for the memory, Jeff got me a new camera(!), which was part of the reason for going to SB. They have a nice camera store there. Jeff got himself a new bike awhile back and told me not to get him anything, but I got him a book about Kurt Cobain anyway. I was also super cheesy and got him Ivory soap since 14 is the ivory anniversary.;)

No comments: