Monday, April 25, 2011

Staycation ~Part 1

~Ronald Reagan Museum~
We decided that after the craziness of the past 6 months(can't believe it's been that long since this whole moving process started) we would just stay in town for spring break. Most people come to socal for spring break so it was very easy to stay busy. We had a lot of fun and always stayed within an hour of "home."
The Ronald Reagan Museum is probably only 10 minutes from our house. I pass it everytime I go to my new Target. They just did a huge renovation and even though it is a very educational experience the kids did enjoy it. He was pretty tall! I never knew how influencial Reagan was in peace relations. It was very eye opening for me since I tend to avoid all things political.
Replica of the Reagan oval office above, Air Force One below.
No pictures allowed inside, but it was pretty cool.
One of several motorcades.
Jelly bean mural someone made for him. Really amazing! I guess Reagan really loved jelly beans.
Absolutely love this picture! My new favorite. The museum is on top of a hill in this beautiful area between T.O. and Simi. Just a really breathtaking view.

I was home sick the day the challenger exploded so I actually was watching the launch when it happened. I remember thinking it just didn't seem real. Still makes me tear up.



The kids were old enough to appreciate the history and Landen just liked that they had a snack bar. A definite must see if you are in the area. I promise the rest of our staycation will be more exciting!

No comments: