Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's True~

We are going back to Cali. Seven years ago on halloween we moved into our new house in Indiana and met all our new neighbors by trick or treating around our little cul-de -sac. I think it was supposed to be about three years before we moved back to CA. I knew it would be more like 5 years and sometimes it felt like we might live here forever. We felt at home right away and have really enjoyed the last 7 years. Of course it's hard to be far from family and friends, but we knew this was God's will for our family. And we definitely could feel Him telling us that Indy wasn't the place for us anymore. We have some pretty good roots here and it will be hard to move, but we know God has a great plan for the Thiesens. We are all very excited to be going back home to California. Landen always seemed like a California baby anyway with his 9pm-9am or 10pm-10am schedule. Jeff's new job is still in pharmaceuticals and is a really good fit for him. Let's just say I think he will be much happier in his new position and he will also have a much shorter commute. Mikayla and Zach will miss their friends dearly, but can't wait to see their cousins and the beach! I still don't think it has hit me yet. There's a lot to do over the next month. I know God will take care of all the details and His plan is much better than I can imagine. I will try to keep the blog updated as much as I can as we make this big transition.
Zach was 20 months and Mikayla was 3 years old.

5 comments:

Kelly H said...

Yay! :)

Shelly said...

WOW. It will be great to have you back in CA. Where in CA? Are you moving back to Bakersfield? This is a big move for you guys. We will be praying for all of you.

Christine said...

We will be moving to the Thousand Oaks area. Hope to see you guys soon! Thanks for praying!

Grandma Frieda said...

Wow!
You will continue to be in my prayers.
:)

Grandma Frieda said...

So much has happened in 7 yrs. Zach and Mikayla, I'm excited to see what God has planned for you in Calif. He's ALWAYS with you. Don't forget that airplanes fly east too! You'll be in good hands with Aunt Kelly.:) Kelly yell loud for both of us. I hope the AIM chat works frequently out west.?? I'll whip up some snow when you come to grandma's house.