Friday, June 12, 2009

Our Newest Blessing!!!

So much to write, but I am still recovering, so it'll have to be short and sweet. Had my regular 39 week appt. last Thursday and Midwife couldn't feel head down. Ultrasound last Friday revealed baby boy was breech. We decided to try a version to try to turn baby Sat. morning with OB who consults with Birth center where I was "planning" natural birth. Version turned him sideways but he would not budge any farther. They actually brought in an additional OB to help try and turn him, but he was really not moving past sideways. That was probably more pain than the 24 hour labor with Mikayla drug free. I have bruises on my sides still from it. So reluctantly we scheduled C-section for Sunday. It was hard to do but really it was the safest for baby. Everything went extremely well with the c-section and as soon as I heard my sweet baby's cries I didn't care about anything else! I kept saying how tiny he was and Jeff got to bring him to me within a few minutes. He is an extremely happy, content, quiet baby who loves to sleep and eat. We are all so smitten with him and just stare at him all day long. Mikayla says he is a very kissable little guy and Zachary keeps asking when my next milking is. Dr. Soper who delivered him said I lost very little blood and there wasn't anything she could see that was wrong other than he was just happy being breech and didn't want to move. The nurses said my recovery was very good and fast for a c-section. My only problem was dizziness from the spinal that lasted about 16 hours. So nursing was hard those first few times, but Landen did really great anyway and nursed when he was about 30 minutes old. I am still very slow moving and tired, but feel extremely blessed to be holding our precious baby boy in my arms safe and healthy and happy!
Jeff got to hold him when he was just minutes old!I am sure he is crying here not smiling. I could hear him crying the whole time and it made me cry tears of joy!Landen Alexander, our precious boy, born June 7th!
The kids absolutely love holding him!!
Love my boy!Such a happy little guy! Finally by day 2 I got my hands on my camera!
Zachary is the best at getting him to take the binkie. I have never had a baby who liked the binkie and Landen loves it. He also has gotten his thumb and fingers in his mouth several times. In the ultrasounds he always had his hands by his face.
He's got my long finger toes.
We aren't quite sure who he looks like yet.
The lady who wheeled me out just couldn't get us all centered in the picture. Seriously there is one where Zach is cut out completely.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers! I hope this cures your baby picture fever until I am feeling better!

6 comments:

Grandma Frieda said...

Mommy and daddy of 3! Wow! I can see that the kids were VERY willing to take a picture this time.:) I see the surgeon on Mon. and the highest priority of discussion is permission to travel to Indy to see all of you and meet my new grandson.
I love you all bunches and praise God for the miracle of Landen Alexander.
We are BLESSED!!!
Grandma Frieda

Shelly said...

Congratulations Jeff and Christine.
What a beautiful baby boy.

Sally said...

oh my goodness! What a story! So glad everyone is healthy and well. Just move a little every day, and you'll be back to normal in no time. The c-section wasn't nearly as scary as I expected, so I hope you feel the same way.

Landen is beautiful, and I can't wait to get my hands on him next month!! Love you, buddy!

Kelly H said...

Ahaha... this last family picture comment makes me laugh. Her aim wasn't so good, eh? But she was the designated wheeler?

I just cannot believe how beautiful Landen is. I think he kinda looks like Austin did when he was a baby! I cannot wait to meet him. I was crying like a baby when I looked at your blog for the first time from an internet cafe in Barcelona. I am so happy to have another healthy nephew. Love you and Happy Birthday, Chrissy!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a proud Papa & Momma of another bouncing baby boy! Congrats guys! That's really great. Can't believe how big your other two kids are. Hope alls well in Indiana.

brian

Sara said...

Thanks for sharing his story. Each and every baby's arrival is such a miracle - no matter the entry! I have heard though that recovering from c-section can be tough. Hoping all goes well for you!