Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving events~

So many things to be thankful for, but I was never able to get to the computer to post them. I have pretty much only been in bed or on the couch with this all day morning sickness. I am thankful though for some medicine from the Dr. which is helping a little. I am so ready for all things Christmas, every thing Fall makes me feel nauseous, so here's a wrap-up of our Thanksgiving activities.
So very thankful I felt well enough to go to the kids Thanksgiving feasts even if it was just a short visit. They were the 2 cutest pilgrims I've ever seen and they were so happy that I was there.


Mikayla with her sweet teacher, Mrs. Just and her two best friends Delaney and Elaina.


A wonderful Thanksgiving day! The kids made the placecards with Grandma's help and I loved their creativity. I can't get over what a precious little man Zachary is. Do you see how he wrote Zackary?? Thanks a lot phonics!!
Mikayla eating the traditional shrimp cocktail. Great Grandma Thiesen always made this for the holidays to eat while waiting for the turkey.Speaking of turkeys, Jeff did all the cooking!! He did an amazing job! Everything was delicious. I managed to do the sweet potatoes just barely. I am so thankful for all the extra work he has been doing for the past month since I have been so sick. He's been Mr. Mom, doing a lot more cooking and cleaning and helping with homework. He's truly a blessing to our family, not to mention quite handsome!After almost 11 years I still love my china!

Everyone ready for a feast!!
This was last week at about 12 weeks. I do realize I keep cutting my head off, someday it will make it in there. It really is me! Even being so sick I am thankful that means everything is going well and baby is growing strong! I am also amazed at how God has worked out everything this past month so I can be able to just be home and rest. I didn't get chosen for Room Mom for either of the kids classes and somehow I didn't even notice the sign-ups for women's Bible study. All the things I volunteered to help with at school were in September and Early October. Of course, God knew. Of course He always knew, that part doesn't surprise me. But to feel how He took care of everything just amazes me. The first time we went to church after finding out we were expecting the first verse in the sermon was Proverbs 16:4a-"The Lord has made everything for His own purposes." I can't say enough how much better and more smoothly things go in my life when I pray for God's will and timing instead of my own. I truly feel like everything working out this past month so I could rest has been the blessing of relying on God and His timing and purposes for our family. I don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone but me, but either way I am so thankful for God's tangible presence in my life and in my family!


4 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so glad you've been able to rest, and I hope that yucky morning sickness goes away soon. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Jana said...

ahh, i'm sorry you've been sick w/ ALL DAY sickness!! :( i was actually just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were feeling. seriously, christine, call me if you need help w/ anything . . picking up the kids from school, helping around the house, whatever!

Sara said...

Such a sweet post. You've got a great hubby and great kids! Your last paragraph is a huge encouragement!

Christine said...

Thanks for the sweet words guys! I needed it!