Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Parties~

I got to go to the kids Christmas parties this week even though I felt horrible. If I am going to feel bad anyway I might as well just go since it seemed so important to them for me to be there. They never seemed to care when I was well, but I am so glad I went. They were just precious.Zach's class stood up everytime someone came into the room and recited their memory verses for the week, Luke 2: 10-12.Zach was "invited" to do the Discovery program this year. They don't call it the advanced program yet, but that's basically what it is. He has two hours a week when he goes to the Discovery classroom and gets to do fun, hands on projects that keep his active little mind stimulated. Mikayla has been teaching him mutiplication lately and he is actually doing really well. He wants so badly to keep up with his big sis! We are so proud of him and all his hard work, he really is an outstanding student. All A's on his report card, too. He's in first grade, btw. Zach and his good buddy Trevor.



*****

It was fun to just sit back and watch Mikayla have so much fun with her friends, she has a really great class and teacher this year. She had such a great first semester, all A's and Very Good's. Some of her spelling words have been Deuteronomy, Chronicles, and Ecclesiates. And they all have to be spelled in cursive! We are so proud of our "little" 8 1/2 year old(tomorrow!) doing so well in a third grade class with mostly 9 year olds and 3 Ten year olds!



Her best bud Elaina just turned 10!
And we can't forget about little Cha-Cha! Seriously, Jeff called the baby that for a few weeks. Thankfully it didn't stick, we just call him/her "Baby". Here's another poor attempt on my part at a belly pic. Mostly I just don't feel well enough to mess with it so this is as good as it will get for a few more weeks. At least you can see my face in this one!
15 weeks!

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm sorry you're still feeling sick. Are you going to be up for a visit this week? We'll be there Tuesday! =)