Friday, March 28, 2008

10

So all the Easter posts will have to wait so I can focus on us for a day! A special day indeed. Ten years ago today we said, "I do!" I think this was March 2005, 7 year anniversary.


Last year,2007,9 years.


8 years,at the beach in San Francisco,2006

2004, in Kentucky,6 years

So these aren't in chronological order and I don't have time today to find pics from pre-digital days since I have a sick chick home with me from school today, but maybe later. I can't believe we have lived in Indiana almost half of our married life so far. In October we celebrated 15 years since we started dating. Wow! Hard to believe. It hasn't been all fun and games, but we really do love and appreciate each other. A couple of weeks ago I was very sick with the stomach flu. My stomach pain was so intense that I passed out a couple of times. Once in the dining room at 3am and had to call Jeff to come downstairs and help me decide if we should wake the kids and go to the ER. Instead I decided to sleep on the couch and see how it went and my sweet hubby slept the rest of the night ON THE FLOOR next to me to make sure I was ok. Then he took the next day off to take care of me and be Mr. Mom. I was kind of surprised he did all that. Don't read this and think we have a perfect marriage. Sometimes it's hard taking care of each other and sometimes it's hard just being near each other! Anyway, there are too many great memories of the last 10 years to list them all, but 2 that stick out are our 2 beautiful babies! We feel very blessed and appreciative of all that God has done in our lives since we met and are excited to see what He has planned for the next 10 years!
Luv you honey!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! I kinda don't feel old enough for any of us to be married that long...but I know we are. =)

No one's marriage is perfect, but you guys have been a GREAT example to the rest of us over the years. I'm looking forward to our next visit - hopefully some time this summer.

Love you!

Jana said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sorry Mikayla's sick today! :( Tell her Micah hopes she feels better soon :) I had no idea you passed out when you were sick! When I called the day Jeff took off to take care of you, he sounded a little stressed - now I know why! Please call us if you guys ever need anything or someone to watch YOUR kiddos! Enjoy your anniversary today!!!

Christine said...

Well actually Zach is sick, but Mikayla was last week. Lots of stuff going around. It did cross my mind to call you guys to come watch the kiddos when I was lying on the floor, but I knew it was just the flu. Thanks for the well wishes!!

Kelly H said...

What a wonderful story to share. I love you both so much. I am blessed to have such a wonderful sister and brother-in-law. I hope to see you soon. It's been too long! I love you - did I say that already. Oh well, I love you again. :)