Friday, December 19, 2014

Fall Fun~

I am so behind on blogging I planned to do a summer recap, but we did so many fun, amazing things it is too much to catch up on.  Maybe some other time I will get to it, but for now I can catch up on some fall fun!
 Pumpkin patch!  


 Thanksgiving at Papa's house.  I have a picture exactly like this 14 years ago when Mikayla was a baby.  It is on my instagram account if you're curious.  My name is 5thiesens on there.
Our baby girl!!

 The Hierlmeiers plus spouses.
 Someone had the bright idea to do silly upper lips for the goofy picture.
 And this would have been our Christmas card picture, but unbenounced to me at the time Zach was still doing the silly upper lip face. I might just still send them out! LOL!
 Celebrating my Mom's 70th birthday at Olive Garden.  We surprised her!
 Me and my Mama!
 Zach at his Winter Band Concert.  He is playing the Baritone Saxophone this year and loves it.  Although I think he might be the only boy big enough to hold that thing!
 Mikayla before her Homecoming dance.  Thankfully, Landen is still the only man on her life!  She went with a group of her new friends from her new high school.  It has been an adjustment, but she is doing ok.
 She has blossomed into a beautiful young lady!  And she is 5'10" now! Crazy!!
 Zach got to play with Mikayla's high school marching band for middle school band night.  He is 4th from the right barely carrying the giant saxophone. But he loves it!  Exactly 20 years ago that very night Jeff and I went to a high school football game on our first official date!!  
 Landen really wanted to take the big kids to the Noah's Ark exhibit at the Skirball museum, so we had a fun family day there.  They are always mostly good sports about doing the things Landen wants to do.
 Oops, some more pumpkin patch fun!

 Landen suddenly loves coloring and took great care to color this bear exactly like the picture in the top corner.  I am homescholing him for Kindergarten and it is going very, very well.  We are having the best time and he is such a willing, bright student!
Really great personalized sight word pad from Frecklebox!

 A beautiful, awe inspiring Socal sunset. This is out my bedroom window.  Words can't describe the beauty God paints in these southern California skies and pictures barely do it justice.
 ~Halloween~

An astronaut! 
Landen has been obsessed with the space shuttle Endeavor since we first saw her at the Discovery Science Center when he was 3 1/2.  He loves learning about planets and space and can tell you all about Endeavor and many other space shuttles.
 Zach decided to be Sheldon Cooper. Ha!  We don't let him watch The Big Bang Theory, but I think his friends at school tell him he reminds them of Sheldon.  Or maybe he just likes to say bazinga!  It's not incorrect to say he is a genius and knows it!
 The Three Thiesens!
 Our beautiful kitty cat! 

 I don't know if this video will work, but it is Zach's solo at his concert. Enjoy!

No comments: