Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins~

The last 2 days, out of nowhere, Landen, has been saying to me, "I wuv you Mama."  He has always said it back to me, but now he's saying it it on his own.  I can't even describe how it makes my heart feel.  He is very attached to me so I know how much he loves me, but to have him just come out and say it is beyond wonderful for a Mama to hear.  He has been even more attached to me since Jeff was out of town.  It was really hard on Landen and he would get really sad and upset and kind of mope around randomly.  He gets so shy on the phone and since Jeff was in Germany and Austria there were very few opportunities to talk.  Since then he has been coming into our room at night expecting to sleep with us.  I admit when we first moved here we let him do this occasionally and then it became more frequent 'til I put my foot down and we broke him of the habit.  Now he will drag his big pillow and blanket and walk all the way down the hall several time a night and stand next to my side of the bed and just sigh until I say, "what's wrong?" to which he always replies, "nufing" meaning nothing.  Then one of us will take him back and sit with him until he's back asleep.  Needless to say no one is sleeping very well with these shenanigans going on all night.  It took me 2 weeks to get over my cold because of the poor sleep I've been getting.  Although, if he comes in after 6am I will let him snuggle with me and mostly he will go back to sleep.  So I have been bribing him with pumpkin muffins to stay in bed all night.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but we are working on it!  At first I offered chocolates and when that stopped working I went to the pumpkin muffins and that worked until we ran out.  So we have been making a lot and the big kids can make them on their own now.  It's just the easy recipe from pinterest with a few of our own changes.  
One can pumpkin~I use trader joe's organic or whole foods organic that's promises no bpa in the liner.  TJ's is cheaper.  Is that too much info?
2 squeezers of apple sauce~about a cup
Apple spice muffin mix from Whole Foods because I can't find the TJ's kind this year.
Yes these ingredients are kind of expensive, but worth it!
Zach likes to add honey, a little when I am watching and a lot when I'm not.
350 degrees for 25 minutes and you'd better just go ahead and make a double batch.
I missed my calling to write a cook book.
This is why I don't post recipes.

*Forgot to add that you definitely need to grease the muffin tin & Find a cute 3 year old to help you stir.=)
Again, who can say no to this face!?!

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

Priceless stories! Bringing his pillow AND blanket is so not fair! Very hard to say no to that. I'll have to make those muffins (1 batch)and freeze them. yum!