Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Staycation Part 5~

~Beautiful Zuma Beach in Malibu~
Landen with the cliffs of the "Bu" in the background. I gotta start talking like a local. We've collected just a few beach toys. Landen thinks they are all his. Seriously, just see what happens if you try to take one down to the water.
Finally made it to the beach which the kids had been begging for all week.
Ended up being very windy and about 63 degrees, but still wonderful. I was sitting there watching them all build a sand castle. Watching four people that are so very precious to me and thinking how extremely blessed I am. I felt so happy and content.
Then I thought I saw something in the water. Jeff said it was probably a seagull, but I was sure it wasn't.
Do you see it?
Then I saw it again and I was sure it was a dolphin! You can see it much better if you click on the pictures.
We just couldn't believe it. It was so cool! There were several swimming by us.
Then we saw something much bigger swimming next to it and it was spouting water.
Sure enough it was a whale!!!
Here's the same shot zoomed in a little. Kinda looks like a shark, but again it was spouting water before it surfaced.
We were in awe. Dolphins and whales have been my favorite forever!
More dolphins swam and played in the water for the next hour. It was unbelieveable. The perfect end to our day.
You can see the whale much better in this pic.
I think I took about a hundred pictures.
Landen telling daddy to put the water in his bucket. You can see who's in charge here.

Of course right after my camera battery died one of the dolphins rode a wave and we could see it inside the wave!!! So cool!
Seriously one of the neatest things that has ever happened to us. A great family memory for sure. And this beach is only about 20 minutes from our house!
Love Zach in this one.
This is the exact moment Jeff told Landen it was time to go home.
Poor baby just loves the beach so much, I think he would play until he fell asleep.
I was there too.

2 comments:

Sally said...

oh, this looks awesome. doesn't seem like you're missing IN very much. =) have to admit, i'm a tad jealous. never thought I would like living in SoCal, but all your fun posts have me reconsidering.

Christine said...

We always said we would never live in socal, but we never knew how nice the conejo valley was and how close it was to all the fun socal stuff without the la craziness.