Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There's nothing like the first day~

The first day of school that is! The nervousness and excitement is unlike any other day. It was hard for me to be sad, because for one it takes a lot of work and thought to get everyone ready for the first day, and there is no time for tears. And the kids were so excited to be starting school I was just so happy for them. They both got great teachers and have friends in their classes. I couldn't ask for anything more. I pray about those things for months admittedly with more worry than faith, but God has always blessed us immensely. This is Mikayla's first day of 5th grade and Zachary's first day of 3rd grade!!
A little sleepy, but very excited!
I just love the outfits they chose.
I want to remember that it was actually a little chilly outside, but it felt great, and it means fall is coming soon. And I want to remember that poor Landen is getting his last eye tooth and had a horrible night. We barely slept and it was perfect timing for the kids to go back to school, so we could get a good nap. We missed our sis sis and Zach, but Landen is actually very talkative when the big kids are gone.

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

They both look so grown up!! and I just saw them! Beautiful and handsome! I can't wait to see what this school year brings. Christine, what precious time you'll have all by yourself with Landen. It's so fun to listen to him immitating conversation. I finally got to where I could hold my emotions until I was walking away from school or the bus. Every day is a part of the 'letting go' process and it doesn't ever get easier.