Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I must have blinked~

Because I wrote that Mikayla was 5"1' on her 10th birthday, but apparently she was already 5"2'! We weren't even trying to match each other this day. Picture by Zach.
And it is still cool to be a big brother. A year ago he was cradling Landen in his arms, now they are sitting on the deck like best buds. Zachary made up a song about it while he was sitting there. Wish I could remember the words. Something about brothers sitting together and being best buds...

Silly boy who was supposed to be napping, decided to rub noodles in his hair.

And without my permission Landen is acting very much like a toddler.
He loves to ride around on Zach's old scooter!
Walking with one hand, about 2 weeks ago. Gotta have his phone, of course!
He walked back and forth on the deck watching daddy. He wanted to be down there so bad! Soon enough.
Finally trying some milky. Took a few sips, but not all that interested.
He discovered the pantry! I love his reflection in the fridge.


Almost climbing up stairs.
Had his first ice cream sandwich. Loved it!
And last Tuesday Landen took 5 steps! In true Landen style it was almost 10 o'clock at night, wearing his night owl shirt. I finally found the perfect shirt for our little night owl. The thread on it actually glows in the dark(and it was on sale). I really think he just wants to be the last kid in bed and have some alone time with mommy and daddy. You can also see his molars and eye teeth in there, and the drool all over his shirt. He had a constant runny nose and tons of drool last week, which made for a lot of bad naps and rough nights. He seems to be better this week. He's back to sleeping 10-11 hours a night. Praise the Lord! Really was a big week for him. He mimicked a lot of words and started saying dada more, like he knew what he was saying. I think Landen thinks daddy is hiding somewhere in the house when he's at work. He always looks around and says, "Dada?"
On Friday he took 8 steps and Saturday 10 steps! He loves to walk and is so proud of himself. Before he goes he says, "Ready?"

3 comments:

Sara said...

My how time is flying! We miss seeing them all grow up!

Grandma Frieda said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Mikayla! Mikayla you look so so grown up. I think I blinked too!
Zach, you didn't tell me you made up a song when I sang you the song my brother made up! It's fun to make up songs. Landen it's fun watching you grow up, but is it ok if grandma wants you to stay our sweet little man for a while longer?

Kelly H said...

Christine, you look great in all these pics! I can't believe Landen is already walking and talking so much! I miss his smile in person. I hope school is going well for M and Z, too! Love you all!