Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Fergrunckle??? The Tale of Zachary's Ear~Titled by Zachary

Zach has had black heads in his ears since he was about 4 mos. old. Well, all but one came out on it's "own" over the past year as they've dried out and he has grown. This last one was a little farther in the ear than the others and over the last 4-5 days started looking like a big pink bump. He never really complained about the pain, as usual, but after it kept getting bigger I decided to take him to our allergist/ENT/otolaryngologist. Well, she took one look and said he needed antibiotics and then surgery in order to drain and lance it! So, unless the antibiotic takes care of it completely by monday morning, my baby Zachy will have to go under general anesthesia for this procedure to remove this fergrunckle, the technical term for black head in a sweat duct. Now don't even bother trying to google fergrunckle because I already tried to no avail, so my spelling may be off. However, please keep Zachary's ear in your prayers and pray it will get better by monday morning. I am doing all the homeopathic/natural stuff I can plus the antibiotics, but if surgery is necessary then it will happen monday. Pray for God's perfect will in all of this. Thank you!!
He's such a trooper!! He just laughs and says, "Mom, name it the tale of Zachary's ear!!"

2 comments:

Grandma Frieda said...

My goodness Zach, did bunny lay an Easter egg in there??? No big deal. It will be better before you know it 'cause we're praying for you. We love you so...grandma Frieda and grandpa Don

Unknown said...

Dear Zachary,
DANG zach u are such are trooper if that was me they would proboble have to strap me down before they took it out ofmy ear i hope your ear fells better

love, Austin