Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter Morning~


I might have gone a little bit "overboard" with the presents, but most were after Christmas clearance.
This is typical Zachary.  Always wearing his blankie around like a cape.  I learned at a GATE seminar that math geniuses tend to like to have some sort of lovely.  One morning he said out loud on the way to school, "Yes!  Today we are going to learn ___ in math!"  Can't remember what it was, but I am sure he is one of the only 11 year olds in America who says stuff like that. 
Never can have enough mechanical pencils!
My smart, handsome, funny, silly, strong, athletic, loving boy.  But you know he keeps me on my toes!
Landen has been asking for Farm Duplo since he got the garden one for Christmas.  Wasn't as excited as I thought he'd be, but maybe because he finally got a space shuttle?? 
When Zach and Mikayla were little they loved watching the cartoon Max and Ruby based on the books by Rosemary Wells.  There's one episode where they hunt eggs and the winner is supposed to get a chocolate chicken.  Well I think Zach was either 3 or 4 and he fully expected there to be a chocolate chicken on Easter morning.  He was devatasted when there wasn't one.  Just couldn't understand why the Easter bunny didn't bring one.  I searched everywhere that year for one and never found anything.  Now it seems like they are everywhere.  Landen loves Max and Ruby too and we had just read the book about the chocolate chicken.  
He found the chocolate chicken!





Pretending to be a giraffe.  Aka, his favorite animal.

Oh, be still my heart!

He looooooves his sissy so much!

I think it took about 40 minutes for him to build this one.  

So sweet!

Zach patiently did this tye dye egg and I loved how it turned out!



I didn't get many pictures from our egg hunt in Bakersfield, but Landen had the best time with Austin!  Austin would give him clues and then when Landen would find it he would say, "I told you Austin!"



My beautiful *almost* teenager.

No comments: