Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween 2012~

Oh my gosh, how cute is he with his firefighter pajamas and new short haircut!?! Sigh.
This post is kind of out of order and it's waaaay too long, but it's just all the pumpkin decorating and Halloween fun from the past week.  I found this spider pumpkin decorating kit at target and knew he would love it.  It was a great way for him to decorate without too much work or mess.  He did the stickers and I did the legs.
 Speaking of legs, is it sad that it only came with 6 legs?? And Landen immediately noticed and said it needed 8 legs??  Even he knows spiders have 8 legs!  
 Thankfully my kitchen was clean this day, but please ignore the bucket with epsom salts in it.  Mikayla's poor toenail is growing back in and it got ingrown and infected so we are soaking it daily.=(
 And yes, that is a happy meal bucket from Mickey D's.  Landen calls it "Old McDonalds."  One just opened by our house.=(  We really only go about 3x a year.
Such a goof!  I don't even know, I just take the pictures.





~Before trick or treating~
Zach the Ninja

* Really long, random side note*
This reminds me of something Zach said maybe a year ago that I never wrote about but want to remember.  We witnessed a car cut off another car and then the guy go crazy honking and screaming.  I felt the need to point out how two wrongs don't make a right, thinking it would be like a little real life learning experience for the kids, since we struggle with that concept a lot.  Zach immediately responded with, "That's why I need a pocket ninja so he can just jump out and get people back for me."
He was completely serious.  
All I could think was, OK God, I tried.
He's very stealthy.
There's a whole saga about Mikayla's costume.  She wanted to be the Queen of hearts so I ordered it from Party City because it was reversible and could be worn next year as well.  Well, it took 10 days to get here and when it did she opened the box and all that was in there was a princess Aurora crown.  Ugh!  I actually feel worse for the poor little girl who never got her crown.  We got a full refund, but still no costume.  So the day of Halloween "we" were scrambling to find something.  She has a greek goddess costume but it was for school and that is booooring.  Thankfully, I found this Twister costume and she liked it and promised to wear it next year as well!
Mikayla the Twister Game

Right foot red!

Our cute "widdle spoida"
(little spider)

All I said was to act like a spider.
Landen decided months ago he was going to be a spider and he stuck with it.  I got a great deal on this spider costume from pb kids and he will wear it next year!
He just loves spiders right now, well, all spiders except real ones.
He kept saying, "I'm not going to scare everyone!  Just brobro."
Boo!
I guess if you have to read the word boo it's not that scary.


Carving pumpkins!
 This is what happens when mommy carves.  He wanted a silly face with round eyes.

He said, "It gwows, mommy!"


Zach with a knife!  He did fine though, that is the Pampered Chef knife we got for our wedding almost 15 years ago, so it's pretty dull.

Mikayla was determined to paint.  I was determined not to "stress" about bright pink and red paint getting everywhere.  We both succeeded!


It don't have a picture yet of it after she took the tape off.=(

Green paint, of course!
My favorite moment of the whole week was when I was walking around our neighborhood with Landen holding his soft little hand and he said,
 "I wuv trick or treating wif you Mama."
He just melts my heart daily.  I feel so blessed to be able to watch these kids grow and try my best not to mess up too much.  They are so precious and creative!  It can get crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else!

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

What a diverse trick or treat clan! Zach as a Ninja makes total sense. Maybe he can be a black ninja stage hand for one of Mikayla's productions. A Twister constume just shows how ideas are endless for Halloween. Mikayla (and Zach) you'd easily beat me in Twister now that you're so tall. I love how your pumpkin turned out! I can't believe how grown up and handsome Landen looks with his haircut. I almost cried! Cutest spoider ever!