Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Fun Fourth~

 I am skipping a ton of stuff from June, but I need to get our 4th of July posted before it's August!  We are in the middle of potty training and Landen also has been sick, so it has been extra busy.  I'll catch up someday!
My Sweet Three!

 For Father's Day all Jeff wanted was tickets to the Dodgers vs. Reds game.  Since it was an evening game we decided it would be better for just he and Zach to go.  So the Reds fan and the Dodgers fan had a fun evening on the fourth.  They said the fireworks were awesome and they could see fireworks all over LA on their way home.  
Landen wanted to go too until he heard we were going to make cupcakes.


 I ended up getting bronchitis from the cold/virus thing I had and it seemed to drag on forever.  My lungs took a long time to heal, but I was able to still do some fun things with Mikayla and Landen while the big boys were at the baseball game.  As soon as Jeff and Zach left Landen shouted, "Let's get this party started!!"  He is such a crack up!
America's Best Little Helper!
 We decided to make the cupcakes I had pinned from pinterest.  I think it was originally a better homes and gardens recipe.  
He said it was his mustache.
 Landen helped so much and loved putting the strawberries on.  Mikayla was so sweet to let him have turns helping.
My little bakers=)
 Probably could have used another row of white, but we still thought it looked great!  And they were dairy free!



My beautiful girl!

Who likes the cupcakes!?  Landen said, "ME!!!"

I was surprised he ate most of it.


 After making cupcakes we headed to the Thousand Oaks Mall parking lot to watch the fireworks!  
Two cuties snuggled under blankets.  It was about 60 degrees that night.
 Mikayla was nervous we were too close and I think her nervousness rubbed off on Landen because he got nervous too, but once they started he loved them!  He yelled, "Mommy!  Wook!  I see a green one!  That's my favorite color!"
 The fog had rolled in and I was wondering if it would affect the fireworks.  They were still beautiful, but you can see it was a little foggy by the highest ones.

I let Landen take a looong nap that day, actually had to wake him after 2.5 hours, but he was still sleepy by about 10.  He said on the way home, "Mommy I fink I am getting a wittle sweepy."  He pretty much has stopped napping lately and just goes to bed earlier.  Even with his long nap he was sound asleep by 10:15pm, so I think it was a successful night!

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

Yummy cupcakes! Seeing Landen helping bake reminds me of what a great helper Mikayla was in the kitchen at that age. Our 4th of July was so hot. I can't believe you were under a blanket!
Who won the ballgame?