Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All About Baby!

Well it has taken me a month to post about it but here it is finally! We got to do another ultrasound because baby wasn't in a very good position at the 20 week ultrsound. So this was around 27 weeks. At the 20 week one they couldn't see the heart from every angle. There was no cause for concern, but I had the option of another one and I took it. It was so wonderful to see baby's chubby little face. We got some very good shots. The kids got to come with again. He weighed about 2lbs. 6 oz. then, a very normal size compared to the 10 week ultrasound so that was a relief.Now that I am in my third trimester I am finally feeling pretty good. Nausea is gone, thankfully. I did find out at around 26 weeks that I have developed an allergy to dairy products during this pregnancy. I am not sure when it happened, but once I stopped eating them the lingering nausea I had went away and I have never felt better! I am pretty consistent in my pregnancies with not having that great 2nd trimester everyone talks about. So now I am finally getting to focus on the fun of pregnancy and do some shopping and picking out names. I know it sounds weird, but I do love being pregnant! I love every kick and movement, and seeing the growing belly, and having a precious life growing inside of me. The miracle of it never gets old. We are doing lots to get ready now. We got a car seat, picked a paint color for baby's room, bought a bunch of stuff at Babies RUs, and have a couple of names we really like. We will definitely wait until he is born to reveal the name. This picture is the day I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was about 6 weeks along. I can't believe how much I have grown since October and how much he has already changed our lives. We are all very excited to meet this little guy!

This was last Friday at 32 weeks.
I have really felt God's hand on me and baby through this whole pregnancy and I keep going back to the same verse, "The Lord has made everything for His own purposes."-Proverbs16:4a

1 comment:

knkseals said...

This reminds me that for a brief moment we were pregnant at the same time. That seems so crazy. I cannot believe I haven't called, but have been praying for your little one, and you, very diligently. You have to love all of that nursing time to pray. I will indeed call you soon. Tell him not to come too quickly. Much love to you, Hermy.