Thursday, January 31, 2008

January Events~

We have had some fun happenings this month I wanted to remember. These are pictures from my phone, which is why they are so blury. Mikayla was invited to her first Libby Lu party. These are quite an experience and she had a blast. They get all sparkled up and then perform a little dance outside the store in the mall. This is her at Johnny Rockets afterward. They just opened in our mall and the kids are loving the nickel jukebox at the tables and all the "Oldies" music! She reminded me so much of Natalie with her hair up like that!Then, last weekend we decided to go ice skating. We've gone every winter since we moved here and usually Zach hates it and Mikayla loves it, but this time she was really mad at us for making them wear helmets and was really miserable the whole time. Zach hit his head last year on the ice after only going halfway around the rink and then refused to go back on the ice. He kept yelling,"I'm just not very good at this!" This year no one else had helmets on and I think she felt "babyish." Mikayla is the new expert on all things babyish! I pointed out a little girl who was smiling and having so much fun skating and she said, "Well that's becasue she doesn't have to wear a helmet and layers!" We also made them wear coats. I know! We are so mean! I got those skates for Mikayla at a garage sale for $4 becasue she has always enjoyed skating so much and we thought maybe she'd start taking lessons.
I finally let her take the helmet off and unzip her coat, but by then she was spent.
Zach was really flying around the rink by the end, reinstating Daddy's NHL hopes!
Not a happy camper! But no one cracked their noggin this time!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, it reminds me of skating at the ark at Hume! Looks like overall it was fun...but what a mean mom you are. =)

Sara said...

Wow, Mikayla is so grown up!