Monday, September 10, 2007

Our Harvest!

One of my first posts was about the seeds the kids planted when the Thiesen Grandparents came for Spring Break and here is what came of that!! The one and only pumpkin that grew out of like 30 flowers!

Mikayla's flower

*
Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
*
Our back yard is extremely lush, but it doesn't get enough sun for many flowers or veggies to grow. I think that is what happened with the pumpkins. It reminds me of how much the world needs the sun to function, just like we need the Son to grow and produce fruit. Creation truly does reveal His glory. Just another way that our new house has blessed us!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

That is so cool! We loved your carrots and hope you get to enjoy them for a while. I hope your pumpkin makes it to becoming orange. That would be a great October treat. (Although I have heard that sometimes they ripen more like November, so maybe a Thanksgiving treat!) Happy Harvest!