Friday, May 14, 2010

This girl~

I have to admit that I can't really call her a girl anymore. We are definitely into the "tween" years. Lots of tween milestones happening around here and it truly is bitter sweet. She is still only 9, but is already 5'1" and wears a size 8 shoe. Suddenly there's an adult sized almost 10 year old in my house. Did you notice the new glasses and hair cut? She had many inches cut off as she does every spring and she loves it. She actually requested I take a new picture of her for the blog. Love it! She is truly beautiful inside and out!
All fourth graders did a Famous Hoosier report this semester and they put a lot of work into it. Mikayla chose Eli Lilly, of course, and she did a power point presentation and a display board.




She did an excellent job and we are so proud of her and how hard she worked on this project. She also worked extremely hard this whole year, often doing 3 hours of homework a night. She is a very conscientious student and needs very little motivation from us. I know 4th grade was more of a challenge to her than past years, but she never gave up.

She and I got to drive home alone together after the presentations and had a wonderful talk. I really cherish the moments God gives me with Mikayla. And this is what the sky looked like while we were driving home after a storm had just passed through.
We love you our sweet "girl" and can't believe what a wonderful young lady you are becoming. I know God has a very special plan for your life and we are blessed to be able to watch you grow.

1 comment:

Grandma Frieda said...

I love your hair Mikayla and your glasses are verrrry cute! I love my tween grandaughter but, is it ok if you will always be my first precious grandbaby?? I love you so!!! Great job on the report! You'll have to save that one! Your daddy must have been proud. I bet he took it to work and put it up in his office. ?