Saturday, September 25, 2010

Buzz...

Mikayla had to "collect" 10 insects for a science project for school. We had cups full of insects in our freezer for weeks! Yuck! She had to have at least 7 out of 8 orders. It was not easy. Her dragonfly fell apart when she tried to glue it, so after a late night search she found a plant bug. Whew!
She did an awesome job decorating and ended up getting a 98%! I think her moth was actually a butterfly, but we aren't sure.
That's not even the scariest cicada there is, aren't those things huge!?


We all ended up learning a lot about insects(not bugs!).

2 comments:

Grandma Frieda said...

Way to go, Mikayla!! I can remember doing that, but I never did freeze them. Sounds like a great idea! Were there any that you had no idea what they were until you looked them up? I know we have some around here that I've never seen in my life and I'd love to contribute. eeeeeewwww!

Kelly H said...

I would have given her a 110%! Looks great! And so informative! I've never seen a cicada that close up!