Friday, June 4, 2010

Nostalgic~

Landen~6 weeks old
I've been very nostalgic the past few days remembering a year ago going to my 39 week midwife appt. and discovering this little stinker was not head down as we had thought. There's so much I never posted about so I thought I'd write some thoughts down just for myself and I am sure someday Landen will be curious. The midwife had been saying for weeks he was head down, but then at the last second I asked her to check me and actually nothing was down, he was kind of diagonal. The next morning the ultrasound revealed his head was under my left rib. Every day for weeks before this Mikayla and I would sit and poke at what we thought was his little bottom over on my left side and now I am thinking it was his head all along and we were just poking him in the face! It is easy to laugh about it now but after the ultrasound that I went to with just the kids I called Jeff to tell him baby was breech and sobbed for the first time ever in front of the kids. For some reason I knew we would end up doing a version and that it wouldn't work. I think God was preparing my heart already. I actually had a feeling the whole pregnancy that I just wasn't going to get the natural birth I wanted. Maybe I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I think I kind of knew that God didn't give me a peace about it for a reason. My only prayer the whole pregnancy was for a healthy baby first and foremost (and healthy mama) and natural birth if possible.
To be continued...

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ooo, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story! I've never heard it before. I already think it's cool to see how you saw God's hand so early.

Grandma Frieda said...

Isn't God good??
:) :) :)