Monday, June 28, 2010

Lala-lala, lala-lala~

Someone is excited for his elmo birthday!
I am not a huge elmo fan and have never had a baby even be interested in him, but Landen always smiles so big when he sees elmo. So I decided to just go for it and have an elmo party. The big kids had a really fun time helping me pick out elmo stuff. In the end seeing my little baby smile made it worth it!
His big smile when he saw his elmo balloon. He also LOVES balloons!
So I tried to be all creative and make elmo cupcakes, but of course insisted on using natural red food dye. Zach has some issues with red food dye anyway and I wanted him to be able to enjoy them too. A whole bottle of natural red food dye later and we had beautiful pinkish cupcakes, for a boy's first birthday. This picture with the flash off makes them look kind of red. They tasted yummy and were actually dairy free as well.
So excited for presents!

He loved the play phone Zachary picked out for him! I think this is one of the best pictures from the whole day.
Not a huge fan of the hat.




Looking at us like is it really ok to do this? He actually hated having sticky frosting all over his hands. So we cleaned up all the frosting and he enjoyed eating a little cake.
He actually shoved too much in his mouth and started gagging, but enjoyed making a mess anyway.
This one is my absolute favorite picture of the day.
This is actually his mad face because he thought I was going to take him out of the highchair.

Loves his daddy sooo much!
Everyone wanted their picture with the birthday boy!
But all he wanted to do is feed everyone else his cake.



I think he had a wonderful day and didn't even seem to mind the pink cupcakes! Ha!

2 comments:

Grandma Frieda said...

These are ALL soooo good! You have captured some really precious memories! (You are putting that camera to great use.) Happy 1st Birthday to the sweetest boy ever!!

Kelly H said...

Wow - those cupcakes look great! How creative you are Chrissy! I can see where Mikayla gets it. You are an artist, just admit to it and start selling your photography already! These pics are absolutely adorable. Again, your blog brings tears to my eyes. Love you all so much.