Monday, February 13, 2012

A bit of everyday life~

This is the view from my backyard. Absolutely gorgeous! This picture doesn't do it justice. Every morning I see the sun rise over those mountains while I am eating breakfast. I am so blessed!
Landen got a hold of my scrapbooking sticker thingy and "decorated" my new scrapbooking table Jeff got me for Christmas. I think it's the first really sneaky thing he has ever done. But he picked them all off by himself, so it was all good. In fact he insisted I not help him at all by saying, "No mommy! I do it by MYYYYYY self!!" He such a little sweetheart and pretty much never gets in to trouble. That's not to say life with a 2 year old is easy! He definitely keeps me on my toes.
He also "decorated" the glass doors of the buffet. But that was on Jeff's watch! Maybe it's just because he is the 3rd child, but these little things he does just seem cute to me and don't bother me the way they probably did with Mikayla and Zach. I guess having a preteen helps give some perspective to 2 year old antics.
Landen is really good at making Thomas tracks, but he's still a little scared of Thomas. This is in the upstairs hallway leading to the Master bedroom.
Landen is finally enjoying the beautiful rocking chair Grandpa Don made for him. He was scared of it for so long and now he loves it!
Sunrise one morning I saw 2 planes fly the same route within minutes of each other and I thought it was really cool. I think they were coming from LAX going north.
Teeth and hair brushing with daddy. Landen is still such a daddy's boy! Getting ready to go to church to "play with the babies" as he says.
Always rows of cars around here!
He just got really into Cars the movie. He was scared of it for awhile, now he runs around all day yelling, "KEchow! I'm Lightning Mcqueen"
Double fistin' it. He still loves pizza!
Landen doesn't really care for milk but he loves his "gogurt" and has one pretty much everyday.
Some sweet friends came for a visit!
My friend Katie who I have known since high school came for a visit with her kids. My kids always love playing with them, especially Landen. My friend Amy stopped by too, but I didn't get a picture. Katie and Amy were two of my first friends when we moved to California from Florida almost 22 years ago! Makes me feel really old but very blessed at the same time.

3 comments:

Barb L said...

Christine,
Your sweet babies with Katie's = Priceless!
Lurking in Texas,
Barb

Christine said...

I know! how precious are they!?!! Landen just adores them!

Kelly H said...

It looks like train tracks in the sky! Great shot! I love the pizza pic, too...haha!