Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pumpkin Carving~

It looks like Landen is cleaning out the guts of this pumpkin, but really he's is saying, "It's disgusting!!"  He wanted nothing to do with the guts.
 I ended up carving Landen's.  He chose Lightning Mcqueen.
 Once all the guts were out, he was fine to clean out the little bits.
 I had a bunch of different things for Landen to decorate with.  These stick on googly eyes were a hit!

 My favorite one turned out to be this Yoda kit I got on clearance last year.  I had chosen a beautiful blue/green pumpkin and it turned out to be the perfect color for Yoda.
 Zach painstakingly carved out what he says was a skull he saw on one of the Food Network carving competition shows.  We all thought it looked kind of like those little ghosts from Pac-man.



 The motley crew!
 Mikayla picked this pumpkin and it was like a buttery, creamy color.  I just loved it.  She started to just do a "skin" carving, but ended up carving the design into the top.  This pumpkin actually smelled just like a watermelon when she carved into it!

We all had so much fun carving this year.  A great memory for sure!

No comments: