Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013~

Sometimes after Church we go to Togo's for sandwiches.  Sounds exciting, no? 
Anywho, there is a Farmer's Market across the street, so I have Jeff drop me off first and then he picks me up after he gets lunch.  Landen always asks to come with me.  He's my farmer's market good luck charm.  Every time we get free stuff because he is such a cutie pie.  Yesterday he got an apple, a head of broccoli, 3 potatoes, and some basil all for free!  We call that the "nice face discount."  I can never go without him!

Landen found Zach's old Bob the Builder costume from 2003!  He insisted it was the PERFECT costume.  It was a little short, but he was so happy and looked adorable.

Wouldn't you give this sweetie a rutabaga?
Very serious Captain America.


 It's starting to look more and more like Landen is posing with a character at a theme park rather than his big brother.  
 I don't know what's going on with these next few pictures, but I love it!

 Zach went to a friend's house for a party and trick or treating around their neighborhood and we took Landen around our cul-de-sac.  Everyone had a great night, but we were all doing our own thing.  I think the days of trick-or-treating as a family is over, but I am just happy everyone had so much fun.
 And here is Princess Leia.  I refused to buy new costumes this year, because we have plenty hanging around the house.  Mikayla didn't care to wear anything "old" but at the last minute Jeff had the brilliant plan for her to reuse her toga from "Greek days" and do some buns and be Princess Leia.  Miraculously she loved that idea.  She went to a friends house to carve pumpkins and then to a nearby trunk or treat.  It took about 30 minutes and 10 years off my life to get those buns to look the way she wanted.  It was a real mother/daughter bonding moment.

Why does she suddenly look 25?

Mikayla's beautiful carved creation.  Pumpkin carving post coming soon!

No comments: